Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Carriage Card

Baby Carriage Front

A gal I work with is going to be a 1st time Grandma and the shower for her son and daugher-in-law is this weekend.  All of us at work chipped in to get the gifts and I volunteered to make the card.  Since the baby's room will be done in monkeys I had to incorporate one somehow. 

I saw this card created by Jill (click here) that is so adorable I had to case it.

The cardstock is Wild Wasabi (sorry the pictures are goofy.  My lighting was off.)  I had to improvise since I don't have the Big Shot Dies, so I used my coluzzle circle template to cut the circles.  I overlapped 2 of them so that the card would open on the side.

The Designer Paper is Stampin Up Delicate Dots and the flower stamp in the center of the wheels is from a Stampin Up set called Looks Like Spring.

The monkey was cut on my Cricut using the New Arrival Cartridge.  I added tiny beads for the eyes. 

I computer generated the Welcome Little One saying and then punched out with an oval punch.

Baby Carriage Inside

I also computer generaged the inside verse.  (If you click on the picture you can read it better.)

The back of the card was decorated too.  I got carried away I guess!  Because I even cut a monkey to put on the front of the envelope...

Baby Carriage Back

So there you have it.... my first carriage card.  Isn't this cute?

5 comments:

  1. Pam that is just to die for.. I love everything about it.. Your choice of papers is awesome, and I love the monkey.. too too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stupid question, did you cut circles for the whole baby carriage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: The carriage is a whole circle with just 1/4 of it cut away. I used my scor pal to score the lines in the "hood" part of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how clever is that.. but how did you get the edges like that.. Pam you know what a directional kind of person I am. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam